Junior Consultant (Graduate)
Job Reference – GRHMC-1123
Competitive starting salary of between £24,984 – £30,398, dependent on experience.
- Annual salary reviews
- Discretionary annual company bonus
- 7% employer contribution into a pension scheme, option for salary sacrifice pension
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays. Additional days for service
- Payment of subscription fees for membership of your professional body.
- Extracting data from specialist software packages
- Proof reading reports
- Generating GIS maps
- Production of document summaries
- Interpretation of data
- Interpretation of industry legislation, standards, and good practice
- Graphical representation of results
- Presentation of findings
- Technical report writing
- Supporting senior consultants as necessary
- Scribing at hazard studies and other workshops
- Be an enthusiastic individual, able to work autonomously as well as being a team player – someone who knows how important it is to pull together to get the job done
- Have a good command of written and spoken English
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and be able to organise own work schedule
- Show up to date knowledge and a good command of MS Office
- Maintain complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mind-set and the desire to achieve results
- Be willing to acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and question values inconsistent with our own
- Hold a Degree (2:1 or above) in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline. The RAS team has a diverse range of academic backgrounds; problem solving, and logical thought processing are the main skills required
- Understand clients’ needs and build good relationships.
- Maintain willingness to travel when necessary (occasional overnight travel required).
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
RAS prides itself on its strong culture and values. An RAS person is:
- Kind, caring and empathetic
- Open and honest
- Patient when patience is needed
- Personable and positive
- Polite and courteous
- Tolerant and respectful
- Someone who listens
- Someone who thinks before they act